Framaroot is an one-click application to install su binary and Superuser on Android Mobile. It works on mobile phone which runs on Android Version 2.0 to 4.0, one thing user must know before installing the application is that it voids warranty on your device.
- Background about Rooting
- Advantages of Rooting
- Installation Instructions
- Frequently Asked Questions
Background about Rooting :
Rooting is all about giving the user elevated privileges which he can use to bypass or overcome the limitations imposed by the carrier or hardware manufacturer. Rooting gives you more power but it comes with risks like voiding warranty of your device or entirely bricking your device. Most of the people think Rooting in Android is equilent to Jail-breaking but its not.
Advantages of Rooting :
- Full customizing capabilities, like having your own splash screen or own video on devices boots up or changing the color of the indicators etc.
- Full control of the Kernel and CPU.
- Once your device is rooted, you can uninstall the bloatware which comes preloaded.
- If you want to try more, you can install custom ROMs. (Advanced)
Installation Instructions :
- Check if your device is listed in Supported Devices
- Download Framaroot apk on your mobile
Open the downloaded apk using a file explorer or open directly from the browser. As the application is not from Google Play Store you need to check “Unknown sources” from Application Manager and you may get a security risk popup, click “OK”.
Once the Framaroot application is launched, if you get a popup saying “Your device seems not vulnerable to exploit included in Framaroot”, then Framaroot won’t able to root your domain and if you want you can uninstall the Framaroot apk.
If everything goes well,you will get a screen like below
You need to select one of the following actions : Install Superuser/SuperSU, Unroot or Execute script and Click on Exploits of your choice.
Once the exploit have been selected you may get one of the following messages in a Exploit Result popup box :
- Success : “Superuser and su binary installed. You have to reboot your device”
- Failed : “Exploit work but installation of Superuser and su binary have failed””
- “Half-Success :-/ … system partition is read-only, use local.prop trick. Reboot your device and use adb to see if it run as root”, happen when the filesystem in use on system partition is a read only filesystem (ex: squashfs)
- Failed … Try another exploit if available”
- Framaroot crash or freeze : In this case reopen Framaroot a second time and select the same action and exploit.
Screen Shots of Exploit Results :
Frequently Asked Questions :
will framaroot work on my device?
have you checked the compatibility list and found your device? if YES, then framaroot works on your device. if your device is not listed in the compatibility list, but it have one of the processor listed you can test yourself . (Don’t forgot the fact that framaroot apk will ONLY work on devices running android version 2.0 to 4.0)
Why Framaroot doesn’t root the device after I updated it?
It is due to the fact that, Updates fix the security holes present in a firmware, and framaroot uses security holes to root your device.
How can i update my device, if I don’t want to loose root?
You have a healthy chance to keep root after update, if update doesn’t fix the security holes and we advice you to update your device using OTA update and use OTA survival feature in SuperSU.
Framaroot crashes when i use Gandalf Exploit?
Framaroot crashes most of the times when you select Gandalf Exploit in your first launch, re-launching the application and selecting Gandalf Exploit will fix the problem.
What means error# on result?
All errors less or equal to 9 mean your device is not vulnerable. If you get Error#10, give a try with Framaroot v1.5.3